Upcoming Rides & Events -
This is a
small sampling of the club's activities. In the late spring, summer
and fall, the club tries to provide a
variety of rides from very social and gentle to training-grade.
Please keep in mind that you will need to ride with a helmet to join us.
In late fall and winter, when it's too cold to ride, we do a similarly
wide range of hikes, often in conjunction with other local hiking clubs.
don't have to be a SCCC member to join us on an event (your first
ride is free, but you do need to join the club if you want to continue
riding with us). However, membership is only $20 / annum ($35 /
annum for families), and if
you join, you'll get 9 issues of our full-sized
newsletter packed with information on all club rides, club picnics and
dinners and informative columns.
New or uncomfortable riding on the road? Read all about the rules of the road!
Share the Road Bike Safely
SAMPLE RIDES AND HIKES AND MEMBERSHIP FORM
A sample flyer is listed above.The Activity sheet includes some of the SCCC rides and other
information and can be viewed or downloaded in Adobe Acrobat Format
(pdf). You must have Adobe's free Acrobat Reader to view this file
(About/Download Acrobat Reader).
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Helmets are required for all rides. In addition, due to insurance requirements, non-members are allowed to participate in
only one ride with the club as a non-member.
Madison Inland & Shore Back Roads
• Time and Location: 10:00 AM, Madison
• This ride is over mostly flat terrain in Madison with brief sorties into Killingworth, Clinton
• Meigs Point in Hammonasset State Park is a great stop for snack/lunch. From Meigs Point the ride
tours along Madison’s shoreline with its outstanding views of Long Island Sound and visits the
Madison Surf Club on the way back to the starting point.
• Starting location: Meet at I-95 Exit 61 (Rt. 79/Durham Rd.) CPL 9:45 a.m.
• 30 mile, 11-13 mph (So, Fl/Rl, Cue, Rg,) Elevation Gain: 894 ft.
• HELMETS REQUIRED.
• RAIN, RAIN THREATENED or WINDY/COLD
Tyler Mill Trek Ride
• Time and Location: 10 AM, East Haven. Ride starts promptly at 10am, so plan to
arrive & sign in about 9:45am, in Thompson Plaza parking lot opposite Rite Aid Pharmacy on right.
• Ride Description:rolling Show and go ride starting in Foxon through the back roads of Foxon,
North Haven and Wallingford, through Tyler Mill preserve (rt 150).
• Meet at Thompson Plaza parking lot opposite Rite Aid pharmacy on right. From Branford and East,
I 95 exit 52 take right, 3rd traffic light (~3 miles), take left (Mill St.), cross Rt 80 at traffic light, (Thompson St.) ,
take left into parking lot.
• Coming from New Haven and West, I 95 exit 51 Frontage Rd. take 4th right (Forbes Place) at light,
and a sharp left onto Kimberly Ave. to traffic light, left (N.High St.) 5th traffic light (~3miles),
take left (Mill St.), cross Rt 80,at traffic light (Thompson St.), left into parking lot
• Avg Speed = 11-13 mph, (So, FL, RL) ~24 miles.
• RAIN CANCELS.
Branford Evening Ride
• Time and Location: Meet 5:30 PM, Roll at 5:45 from Branford
• Meet in parking lot of Stony Creek Brewery, 5 Indian Neck Ave., Branford, CT.
• Ride Distance: 15+/-miles, social ride, average speed 11-13 mph.
• HELMETS REQUIRED.
• RAIN, RAIN THREATENED or WINDY/COLD CANCELS.